What Is the Best M1A Scope Mount?
When it comes to shooting accessories, we have picked the Springfield Armory M1A Generation 4 Scope Mount as the best M1A scope mount because of its high-quality design and a sturdy foundation. One feature customers really like about it is the Picatinny-style rail, which can be better for viewing.
Not all scope mounts are one-and-the-same. To find the top M1A scope mount, we weighed the pros and cons of several products, considered their different features, and read hundreds of customer reviews.
Ultimately, we concluded that the best quality scope mount for M1A is one that’s remarkably sturdy, allows you to reload the magazine manually without having to remove it, and makes it possible to realize the full potential of your rifle.
After reviewing hundreds of scope mounts, we narrowed it down to the top 5.
Top 5 M1A Scope Mount For SKS: Our Picks & Recommendations
- Best Overall: Springfield Armory M1A Generation 4 Scope Mount
- Best Budget: AIM SPORTS M-14/M1A Scope Mount
- Best Aluminum: Sadlak M14 Aluminum Scope Mount
- Best New Gen: UTG New Gen 4-Point Locking Deluxe M14/M1A Scope Mount
- Best Lightweight Steel: Sadlak Industries M14/M1A Lightweight Airborne Model Steel Scope Mount (140015)
5 Best M1A Scope Reviews
What You Will Love: This best M1A scope mount delivers considerable quality for the price-it’s lightweight, durable, and provides a sturdy platform for large scopes.
Our top pick for the best M1A scope mount overall is the Springfield Armory M1A Generation 4 Scope Mount because of its high quality and reasonable price.
This black matte aluminum one-piece scope mount provides a Picatinny-style rail above the receiver, giving you wider, deeper slots.
A Picatinny rail is also especially helpful if your gun uses a detachable magazine. All the mounting hardware, plus detailed instructions, are included, so installing the scope mount shouldn’t be too complicated.
Although it’s lightweight, it’s surprisingly sturdy and does not interfere with the ejection of spent shell casings.
- It’s lightweight
- And in most cases relatively easy to install
- According to the installation instructions, you may have to file the rear dovetail mount to fit it in the slot.
- (If you don’t feel comfortable doing the filing yourself, customers (who were otherwise satisfied with the durable shooting gear) recommend that you have a gunsmith take care of the task.
- Also, bolts may become loose after firing.
- Additionally, this scope mount may not fit rifles that have been modified in any way
- And does not fit the SOCOM II.
What You Will Love: This scope mount for M1A is easy to install, is remarkably sturdy, and offers plenty of quality at a highly-affordable price.
If you’re looking for shooting accessories on a budget, we recommend AIM SPORTS M-14/M1A because of its ease-of-use and modest price tag.
This small scope mount has an anodized aircraft-grade aluminum finish, so it’s durable enough to withstand frequent use, doesn’t twist, and easily returns to zero.
At the same time, it’s relatively lightweight, though heavier than some other scope mounts.
This Weaver-style mount accepts all Weaver standard rings. Plus, the package comes with all the hardware you need for installation.
- It’s sturdy and matches the finish on most rifles.
- It’s also easy to install; you can probably get the job done within 15-20 minutes.
- Hardware does not come with installation instructions.
- However, you can easily find directions online, often provided by customers in their reviews.
- Some users consider it heavy, but that just makes it steadier.
- You may have to do a little filing to get the screws to fit correctly when installing.
What You Will Love: While this scope mount is small and incredibly lightweight, that doesn’t detract from its overall quality, stability, and durability. Installation is a snap, too.
If you’re looking for a versatile, lightweight, aluminum scope mount, the Sadlak M14 Aluminum Scope Mount may be just what you have in mind.
With its 3-point design, it attaches easily to the side receiver ring, charger guide dovetail, and receiver mount lug, so you shouldn’t have to do any filing to install it.
The precision-cut rail is compatible with Picatinny and Weaver-style rings, and it’s designed so as not to interfere with shell casing ejection.
When you receive your order, you’ll find that it contains all the hardware you need for installation, including hex wrenches and fasteners.
At just 4.3 oz., this best M1A scope mount for sale is lighter than many other shooting accessories of its kind.
- The multi-point attachment set-up is similar to what you’d find with more costly shooting gear, especially expensive steel scope mounts.
- Also, you can use the iron sights with it.
- It’s only compatible with the M14/M1A rifles.
- If you have a less expensive “knock-off” type, the scope mount probably won’t fit correctly.
- Some people reported difficulty with installation and spent casings getting jammed.
Best New Gen
What You Will Love: It’s durable, comes with lots of great features, and is easy to install.
Because it’s so sturdy and comes with so many helpful features, the UTG New Gen 4-Point is among our top picks for best M1A scope mount.
Its one-piece design makes it easy to use. Manufactured with aircraft-grade aluminum alloy, it comes with a top rail that’s Picatinny-compatible and has 15 slots.
Its lockable rear end (with charger guide dovetail), adjustable side screw, side plate with locking point, and horizontal bottom guide make it especially sturdy.
The scope mount for M1A accepts Weaver-style rings and lets you use iron sights for aiming.
If you’re looking for something that can be installed quickly, you’ll be happy to know that this shooting gear requires no gunsmithing.
- You won’t have to make any modifications for installation, and the scope is sturdy and works as advertised.
- We couldn’t find any for the scope mount itself, but quite a few buyers reported that the included instructions were not helpful.
- Fortunately, you can find lots of “how-to” videos on YouTube and some customers included directions in their reviews.
Best Lightweight Steel
What You Will Love: The scope is lightweight, durable, and fits well on M14/M1A rifles. Unlike some scope mounts, you won’t have to worry about this one becoming loose after firing.
If you’re looking for the Best M1A scope mount that’s made of steel rather than aluminum, consider the Sadlak Industries M14/M1A Lightweight Airborne Model (140015).
It’s lighter in weight than most similar scope mounts and features a Brookfield-type 3-point contact design.
Equipped with a precision mil-spec Picatinny rail, the scope mount comes with a see-through U-channel for use with iron sights.
This scope serves as an exceptionally sturdy mounting platform and comes with all the items you need for installation: hardware, hex wrenches, fasteners, and instructions that are easy to understand.
- While it’s lightweight, it’s remarkably sturdy and fits easily to your firearm.
- Customers report that this scope mount for M1A really shows you how accurate your rifle can be.
- We couldn’t find many.
- As with just about any product, there were a few dissatisfied customers who claimed the scope mount wasn’t what they were expecting.
- Finally, when it comes to the best M1A scope mounts, look for one that is sturdy, isn’t too much of a hassle to install, and allows you to realize just what your rifle is capable of.
- These top five M1A scope mounts for sale give you a variety of options so you can find one that fits your preferences and budget.
- Top 5 Scopes For SKS Rifles
- 5 Best Lighted Nocks to Keep Your Arrows in Sight
- Hunting Watch for All Outdoor Activities
- Best Ground Blind Chairs for Comfort
- Best Fletching Jigs to Keep Arrows Operational