Quick Summary: Our top favorite among the best masticating juicers is the Omega Nutrition Center Juicer. This low-speed juicer does not only fresh fruits and vegetables, but wheatgrass and other leafy greens. You can make frozen fruit smoothies, sorbets, nut butters, fresh fruit juices and more. Made of stainless steel, this cold pressed juicer is a slow juicer that is easy to use and comes with a full 15 year warranty.
Perhaps you have been enjoying freshly squeezed juice for a while, but was more nutrition out of your fruits, veggies, and greens or you are just beginning a healthy juicing regimen. In either case, you are hunting for the best cold press juicer.
In order to help you shorten your search, we’ve pulled together a collection of the best performing units and created a masticating juicer buying guide and best masticating juicer reviews.
Read on to find the one that fits your budget, lifestyle, and healthy juicing mantra.
- 10 Best Masticating Juicers Comparison
- Reviews of 15 Best Masticating Juicers
- How Does The Masticating Juicers Work?
- How To Choose The Best Masticating Juicers
- Our Recommendation
10 Best Masticating Juicers Comparison
1. Omega Nutrition Center Juicer (Best overall)
Powered with a 900-watt motor, this compact blender will give you the best smoothies ever. Plus, thanks to the free access to 700 recipes, you will get to energize your day with brand new drinks.
|Read Our Review|
2. Omega Juicer J8004 juicer (Best Budget)
Consisting of 6 various pieces, this 600-watt device is the perfect answer to fulfill your smoothie cravings. Plus, BPA free plastic cups ensure healthier and safe drinks for the whole family.
|Read Our Review|
Just stack up this blender with whole foods and turn them into superfood with its 900 watts strong and fast motor system. Not satisfied? Enjoy unlimited customer privileges with its 1-year warranty.
|Read Our Review|
Using NutriBullet will become your new hobby as it is easy to operate with a smart auto shut feature. Plus, it comes with a 28oz insulated stainless steel cup.
|Read Our Review|
Ideal for both single and family-sized servings, NutriBullet comes with a 1700 watt motor equipped with hands-free SMART technology. Plus, there is a heating cycle for your favorite soups and sauces.
|Read Our Review|
Are you into nut butters and green smoothies? Then, NutriBullet University is the perfect choice with its high-torque power base and stainless steel blade design with cyclonic action.
|Read Our Review|
Centered around a 600-watt power motor, NutriBullet will not let your nutrient intake suffer anymore. Plus it is extremely easy to clean, just twist off the blade, rinse with soap and water.
|Read Our Review|
You will love the extremely durable BPA free pitcher and cups that come with NutriBullet. Moreover, enjoy the pulse function at the press of a button.
|Read Our Review|
Made of non-toxic and BPA-free plastic, there is no way your baby will be exposed to any harmful materials as she tastes her first banana puree. Plus, you will love the smart storage cups.
|Read Our Review|
Ideal for 1 to 2 servings of your favorite recipes, this high powered blender with 2 speed and the precision features will give you that perfectly blended smoothie in a minute.
|Read Our Review|
Reviews Of 15 Best Masticating Juicers
An updated version of the j8006, Omega juicers eliminated BPA in the plastics used in the housing of this unit while including all of the extra attachments that had to be purchased separately with earlier models.
The juicing community is dedicated to the Omega brand as Omega J8006 has an awesome reputation for longevity while offering multiple uses for an otherwise single-shot concept in most other juicers.
The pulp screen remains pre-installed but is of heavier construction in the j8006 resisting damage over time. Only available in silver and black, Omega J8006 is enjoying a lower price point to encourage users to switch to the new model.
It’s worth grabbing while the low offers are available.
- The handy screen attachment makes it easy to make ice cream as well as juice
- You can juice wheatgrass and other greens
- Some users report it isn’t that simple to clean
- High noise level
A fairly standard design, this low unit has a small footprint, which makes it perfect for fitting into your busy modern kitchen. Its lower 80 rpm motor slowly makes it way through just about anything you feed through its feed chutes.
The Omega J8004 have a smaller 1 1/2 inch chute, requiring you to chop down your applies, roll leafy greens, and even cube veggies in order to feed them into the unit.
The pulp screen is permanently mounted, but it can be disassembled and tossed into the dishwasher for easy cleanup.
The Omega J8004 is available in bright white, working well with your newly refurbished kitchen decor. They come with a 15-year limited warranty, so you can expect it to be juicing for years to come.
- This machine works at 80 RPM to reduce oxidation
- Fine items can be thoroughly processed
- It can be used to prepare nut butter, baby food, soy milk at home
- Juice is fully extracted through the tight duo blade auger system
- It has a compact size and is space-saving
- Machine operates through silent mode
- We could not find any
If you already have a KitchenAid stand mixer, you probably have a few attachments. Get excited as you can purchase a masticator attachment, allowing you to make ever more use of your favorite kitchen appliance.
You save a couple hundred on the original purchase, as you aren’t buying another motor. It uses the power point connection to power through apples, carrots and oranges.
KitchenAid chute is not as wide as dedicated units, but is still sizeable. It wasn’t built to create massive amounts of juice, but more as an occasional use item.
It’s a great option if you want to create fresh ingredients for a special dish, but sort of clunky to use when cranking through bushels of veggies.
- This model offers both low and high pulp juices, as opposed to most other models where you only obtain low pulp juice so you can make your juice exactly the way you want it
- It features a wide feeding tube so you can make juice faster
- The food is sliced first by metal blades before going through the juicing section of this appliance, so your juice will oxidize faster than with other models (ideally you would drink it immediately or on the same day)
SKG created a masticating juicer that looks like a centrifugal unit, with its vertical appearance. Its plastic housing is available in select designer colors like red, green and classic silver/black.
It has a wide and long chute which self-feeds a decent amount of produce, allowing you to load it up and walk away for a minute while you multi-task your way through breakfast.
SKG Cold has a self-cleaning screen allowing you to juice for extended periods without having to stop and unclog it.
All the plastics are BPA free and meet TRITAN food production standards. Users have reported very responsive customer service. Overall, SKG Cold a good option when seeking something else besides an Omega.
- This appliance has a large turn-over cup (3.15 inches) compared to other juicers, so you can juice many whole fruit and vegetables
- This model features anti-oxidation materials to help your juices stay fresher for longer with more nutrients for you
- This juicer has a shorter warranty (2 years) compared to some other models
- Attachments are not dishwasher safe
- Some say harder ingredients might break the juicer
Aicok masticating juicer went for a more contemporary appearance, with its slim body and tall but narrow chute, Unfortunately, that means you are spending extra time prepping your produce before it can be fed into the masticator.
Aicok slow masticating juicer has a two-year manufacturer’s warranty with lifetime technical support, leaving you to wonder what will happen after a couple of years of work.
The bright green nozzle adds a splash of excitement. You can also check aicok juicer to get more details.
The included dispenser cup is small, and you’ll be switching it out if you are juicing for any kind of quantity. Users are pleased with the low amount of waste, making it an efficient unit.
If you’re more interested in looks than function, this might be the one for you.
- Runs quietly (less than 60 decibels)
- Parts are dishwasher safe
- The pulp comes out relatively dry compared to some other models
- The feeding tube is smaller than other models, so you need to chop large fruits and veggies before juicing which takes a lot of time if you juice often
Breville took design notes from their centrifugal juicers and applied them to their masticating unit.
Tall, stainless steel and convenient, the chute has a wide platform at the top to allow you to pile small chunks that will then self-feed down the tube as the grinder works its way through your product.
The large pulp collection cup is neatly hidden on the side of the unit. Juice can be dispensed into a glass or small pitcher as it sits fairly high on the countertop.
The plastics are not BPA free, so something to consider when comparison shopping, and you’re paying the same as other units that took the time to eliminate those materials from their production line.
Breville Juicer users often report broken parts, but customer service answers promptly and often replaces parts free of charge.
- It has a wide feeding tube for efficient use – most fruits and veggies can be washed and put in whole which saves you a lot of time if you juice regularly
- Simple cleaning between juicing thanks to the filter basket
- The blades are metal and as there is no single auger, your juice will oxidize more quickly
- The warranty is shorter than with other brands – only 1 year
This masticating juicer looks a lot like the industry standard Omegas and features a motor with similar power and torque. On the face Kuvings extracts juice efficiently, leaving you fairly dry waste.
You can add one of four designer colors to your kitchen including polished stainless steel, classic black, and a chrome and lime version. The kit comes with attachments for pasta, baby food, and nut butter adding to its versatility.
But it has a narrow feed chute, which means you will be chopping up your vegetables in order to get them into the grinder. That means more prep work, which in the end is a great waste of time. Users complain it is more complicated to assemble than other units on the market.
Kuvings comes with a large collection pitcher that is wide, more like a bowl. It’s convenient for creating a good quantity of juice but you will need to transfer it into a different pitcher for serving.
- Quiet and works at low operating speed with 170-watt motor; masticates for more nutritional value
- 7 different nozzles so you can make a wide variety of foods in addition to juices such as sorbets and nut butter
- Pulp does not come out as dry as with some other models, so you don’t get the most juice out of your produce
- It is 110V and is recommended for use only in the US and in Canada
Gourmia creates kitchen appliances that offer eye-catching appeal in designer colors while delivering excellent juice. This juicer comes with two acrylic pitchers that look as nice as the unit itself.
Not created for long-term use, but more for the occasional juicing session, Gourmia works its way through carrots, greens and other tough veggies without a problem.
Some have reported success juicing wheatgrass, although it is not promoted for that specific purpose. Narrow chute requires more prep time than absolutely necessary. Be careful when assembling to avoid juice leaking out during production.
- Simple to clean as parts are dishwasher safe
- Low RPM rate for nutrient extraction
- Practical to store as it weighs only 1 pound and has a compact design so it won’t take up a lot of room on your countertop
- Not as powerful as some other models
- Small feeding tube so you will have to core and chop apples and chop other ingredients before juicing
Omega wanted to create a juicer that works in a smaller footprint, making it an attractive buy for tight kitchens with limited workspace. The vertical unit has a wide chute and squat cylindrical design.
Omega VRT330S also is priced a little lower than their traditional models, making the option to juice for weight loss even easier to achieve. Unfortunately, the dispensing chute tends to get clogged, a design problem not noted on their more expensive units.
Still, when looking for a juicer that can fit into a budget and small space, Omega VRT330S a reasonable if slightly frustrating option.
- This is one of the more compact and best press juicers, meaning it is easier to store than other cold-pressed juicers
- Its single auger means a great nutrient extraction masticating process; so you obtain the most nutrition from your produce
- It has one of the best warranties (10 years)
- This powerful juicer makes juice but it can’t do frozen desserts or sorbets, as there are no extra screens for these purposes
This one may be the answer for your budget-friendly juicer. Price at a third of the top units, this vertical masticator has all the power of the others while Vonshef sits on a small footprint.
Small chute size means you’ll be chopping quite a bit before grinding juice and it you’re using leafy greens, they tend to clog the unit.
However, if you are using it often enough for its occasional quirks to bother you, you probably should be looking at the higher end juicer machines.
If you are doing the occasional one-week juice routine, you can save a couple hundred dollars at the outset by selecting this low-cost option. Why it describes itself as digital is a mystery.
Vonshef Slow Masticating juice pitcher is attractive and can go from dispenser to table without a blink.
- The handy spout makes it easy to serve juice while you prepare more
- It is relatively compact as it has a vertical design, and is therefore easier to fit on a countertop or store in a cupboard when not in use
- High juice yield
- The feeding tube isn’t as wide on some other models, so you need to cut food into smaller pieces before juicing
When you are looking for some decorator flair, the j8006 can be ordered in a wide variety of designer colors like Aqua Blue, Grape Purple, Chrome, and a lime Green.
The Omega j8006 in operational specs, it’s a durable unit built to withstand all the carrots you can toss in it without complaint.
Users recommend letting the unit rest between juicing cups in order to prevent it from overheating and seizing up, extending your juicing time. It auto-ejects pulp so you don’t have to stop and clean out the grinder section.
- You can enjoy a wide variety of foods with this juicer
- It is simple to clean and you only need one appliance to make all kinds of juices and sorbets.
- Your juices will stay fresh for a long time (up to 72 hours in the refrigerator)
- High juice yield
- More expensive than other models
- The design means it takes up more space on your counter-top
Lexen brought a low cost masticating juicer to the playing field, with plenty of attachments and a suspicious 50 year warranty on their motor.
Unfortunately, while it has all the dies, screens, grinders, and bells of the best machines, it is constructed of low-quality plastics, is complicated to assemble and tends to leak.
Last of all, when a part cracks, Lexen doesn’t provide replacement parts, so it’ll lose functionality over time. Healthy Juicer’s doesn’t have an efficient juicing process for removing the juice and you’ll have lots of wet pulp left over.
Overall, you will have bought a less expensive unit and get what you paid for.
- It can crush up fine items and juice hard vegetables
- Keeps intact the enzymes and nutrition of fresh juice
- This juice set is available at affordable prices
- The juicing machine does not produce heat
- Its simple features make it easy to clean in 20 seconds
- We could not find any
SKG added versatility to their juicer by included additional attachments that work as a food processor.
Not only can you grind out delicious juice, you can slice and dice potatoes, carrots, onions and anything else you desire for the same price as their standard juicer.
Its attractive bronze finish adds a splash of excitement on your countertop while your wallet thanks you for saving a couple hundred bucks by getting two appliances for the price of one.
It’s fairly new to the market, but enthusiasts of SKG Premium products will likely fall in love with this one. It has a 2-year warranty, which if you are a serious juicer can be lacking when you snap off a plastic handle after a few years pass.
- Good and safe packaging protected with Styrofoam
- This juicing system is easy to install and assemble
- It comes with a 2 year warranty deal
- Comes with a reverse function to avoid jamming
- Can be used as a vegetable slicer
- The highly advanced machine does not work with leafy greens
- It stops working in between
- This machine fails to push the pulp out and doesn’t process it
O-Breko changed up the design of the horizontal masticators with this vertical version. Its chute is positioned centrally over the grinding chamber, which helps the product to be more efficiently squashed into juice.
The pulp and juice containers are identical which allows you to substitute another container to catch the waste while filling up two attractive pitchers that are easily transferable to the table.
O-Breko Slow Masticating Juicer is about 30% lower in price than more popular units and not as heavy. So you’ll question its longevity and durability, but users find it delivers a fairly good product when you take into consideration its price and unknown manufacturer.
The black and stainless steel look will blend seamlessly with your kitchen decor.
- Equipped with lock system for smooth functioning
- Produces more juice with auto pulp ejection feature
- Protected with a one-year warranty deal
- Works at 65rpm that reduces the oxidization
- Produces clear juices with less foaming.
- Available at affordable prices
- Difficult to clean
- The machine overheats easily and stops working
Brand new to the market, Cusimax introduces their handsome red vertical masticator to the field. It has a tall chute able to stack different types of veggies while giving you a minute to walk away while it churns through the pile.
The pitchers have helpful measuring marks, allowing you to more scientifically blend your juices for optimum nutrition intake. They’ve added a convenient handle on the back, which helps to steady the unit while you are disassembling it for easy cleaning.
The chute has a strange quirk-it’s 3 inches wide but actually has a 2-inch wide tube inside the chute, meaning it looks like it’ll take much larger fruits and veggies than it actually does. It is perfect for leafy greens as well as hard vegetables. Making celery juice or carrot juice is easier than ever.
Cusimax CMSJ-800R slow masticating juicer target price is commensurate with other quality units. They offer an 18-month warranty.
- Runs continuously because of the strong machine
- Juices up fine leafy and hard vegetables
- Easy to assemble and disassemble
- Continuous juice flow and high juice yields
- It features a reverse function to avoid jamming
- It has a time consuming 20-minute cleaning procedure
- Comes with a small juicer jug
- This machine fails to juice out the pulp of fruits
- It does not have a cleaning brush
How Does the Masticating Juicers Work?
Unlike centrifugal juicer, slow masticating juicer uses a lower speed grinding motion to extract as much juice as possible from your fruits, veggies, and greens. High-speed units leech vitamins and enzymes out of your juice by heating it up during the juicing process.
Masticators take a longer time to reduce the produce into juice but will remove much more fluid from the veggies enabling you to create a wide variety of juice that features leafy greens to increase your nutritional intake while reducing waste, helping you lower your organic produce grocery bill.
They are more durable and versatile, able to also create organic baby food, nut butter, and even churn out pasta made out of any kind of dough you choose. The included screens work to remove as much pulp from your juice as possible.
How to Choose the Best Masticating Juicer?
Once you’ve decided that a slow masticating juicer is the one you need in your kitchen, the next step is to determine how often you will be using it.
If you are on an intense juicing routine that is intended as a permanent part of your diet, look into a unit designed with more durable plastics, has an extended manufacturer’s warranty and can fit into a place of pride in your kitchen.
If you are thinking about cleaning the single gear juicers will be hard to do the cleanup than twin gear cold press juicers.
Commercial juicers will perform the best, but they can cost four or five times as much as those made for residential use.
If you only want to use it for a week or two during a cleansing routine, there are a variety of bargain units that will work wonderfully without topping up your credit card. Some come with dies for creating pasta.
Multiple sized mesh screens allow you to choose how much pulp you want in your end product. A wide chute enables you to use larger pieces of fruit without wasting time chopping them down before feeding them into the unit.
Our Recommendation: Best Masticating Juicer?
The Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer remains the industry standard for masticating juicers, leaving the least amount of wet pulp in a durable unit that will work for years and years.
While the updated version has limited availability at the moment, in a short amount of time look for designer colors that will complement your decor.
If you’re looking to get into juicing on the cheap, check out the Omega J8004 Commercial Masticating Juicer which can save you hundreds and allow you to explore the juicing world without making a huge investment.
We hope you’ve enjoyed reading our best cold press juicer buying guide and product reviews and that they’ve helped you find the right juicer for your budget, lifestyle, and personal needs.
If you’ve had any juicing experience with any of these products, please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below or on your social media pages.
More Juicer Related Articles: