|1|| Nostalgia KRS2100 5.1 Cubic-Foot Full |
Size Kegorator Draft Beer Dispenser
|View On Amazon|
|2||EdgeStar KC2000 Full Size Kegerator |
and Keg Beer Cooler
|View On Amazon|
|3|| Kegco kegerator Digital Beer |
Keg Cooler Refrigerator
|View On Amazon|
|4|| Versonel VSL155TDSS Freestanding Full |
|View On Amazon|
|5|| Kegco Single Tap |
Freestanding Beer Dispenser
|View On Amazon|
How do I find the best kegerator in the market?
What features should I prioritize before purchasing a product?
Is there any best company for a kegerator?
How much would a kegerator cost me?
even if you are hell-bent on purchasing a kegerator for your kitchen, still there are numerous unsolved mysteries.
For your starter pack, the best kegerator would store your beer kegs at a perfect temperature and with perfect CO2 control and would taste perfect every time you pour a drink.
Just for you beer enthusiasts, our team of experts reviewed nearly every product available in the market, examined their parts, cooling technique and convenient keg storage, servicing history, features and functionalities, customer reviews, and most importantly their prices, and came up with a list of 10 top rated kegerators in the market.
if you are looking for a feature-heavy, cool looking kegerator or a cheap one that just about does what it is intended for we have you covered.
Read our reviews, make a purchasing decision, order online, and bring your product home – it is that simple.
The Most Recommended Kegerator: 10 Best Reviewed
- Nostalgia KRS2100 5.1 Cubic-Foot Full Size Kegorator Draft Beer Dispenser
- EdgeStar KC2000 Full Size Kegerator and Keg Beer Cooler
- Kegco kegerator Digital Beer Keg Cooler Refrigerator
- Versonel VSL155TDSS Freestanding Full Keg Kegerator
- Egco Single Tap Freestanding Beer Dispenser
- SPT BD-0538 Mini Kegerator & Dispenser
- EdgeStar KC3000SSTWIN Full Size Dual Tap Kegerator
- Igloo FRB200C 6 Cubic Feet Beer Kegerator with CO2 Tank and Kit
- SDI Deals Beer Keg Dispenser Kegerator Refrigerator
- EdgeStar KC7000SSTWIN Full Size Dual Tap Tower Cooled Built-in Kegerator
What is a Kegerator?
Simply put, a kegerator is an in-home draft beer delivery system. For the savvy beer drinker, a kegerator allows you to access beer fresh from the tap right at home, ensuring the best tasting beer every time.
This appliance allows you to drink beer fresh from the tap while keeping your beer fresh for a couple of months at a time.
But how do you know if a kegerator is right for you?
For many, purchasing a kegerator is an investment in enjoyment. If you view beer as a hobby, there’s no better way to bring your interests into your home than purchasing a kegerator.
With this appliance you can enjoy beer at its very best, as the brewer intended, from the comfort of your home. But like any other investment, making the right selection can be tricky, and there may be more to it than you might initially think.
Kegerator vs Keezer
A keezer combines a kegerator with a freezer, as you may have been able to guess from the name. It’s not uncommon for someone to build their own keezer out of an old chest freezer. Most can store multiple kegs at a time and keep them fresh for months at a time. If you have the space and like some variety in your draft beer selection, a keezer may be the right choice for you.
What Types of Kegerators Are Out There?
The myriad of options available when shopping for a kegerator can be tricky. But they all break down into a few simple categories.
- Mini Kegerators fit a mini keg; that’s usually five liters (or ten and a half pints of beer). Perfect for those with small spaces or anyone who doesn’t consume enough beer to finish off a full keg while it’s still fresh, mini kegerators have all of the function of the larger varieties but offer the versatility of a smaller size. They’re also typically the lowest cost type of kegerator, making them great for anyone working with a tight budget, or who wants to experiment with a kegerator before making a larger financial investment. Since mini kegerators only accommodate mini kegs, you may be more limited on your selection. And of course the kegs won’t last as long as the larger ones, so you’ll have to change them more often.
- Full-Size Home Kegerators will fit most standard kegs and are about the size of a small refrigerator. You’ll often see them built into the kitchen counter, but some are portable. A portable options is ideal if you don’t have cabinet space to spare, but note that if you buy a portable product, it needs to stay portable. Most of these types of units exhaust through the back and may pose a fire risk. Portable models also allow for more versatility since you can move them from one room to another.
- Outdoor Kegerators are specially designed to function well in a wide range of temperatures, whereas traditional kegerators should really only be used in temperatures between 50 and 80 degrees. They’re built with more resilient material than other kegerators and many of them are portable, designed to be moved around with ease. Many are constructed with stainless steel to withstand the elements with minimal wear and tear.
- Commercial Kegerators often hold multiple kegs at a time, making them ideal for bars and restaurant. But if you have plenty of space and drink plenty of beer, there’s no reason you can’t install one in your home. You’ll have plenty of storage and some have additional controls too. Commercial kegerators are top of the line, and their price reflects that.
Features of the Best Kegerator
The best kegerator is truly an individual question; there’s no answer that’s right for everyone. The best kegerator for you will depend on your taste, consumption, space, and budget. Read on to learn more about choosing the right kegerator for your unique circumstances and interests.
How to Choose the Best Beer Kegerator for You
Here are some things to consider when choosing your kegerator. It’s best to do your research before making a purchase so that you understand what you’re looking for.
- Size and location. One of the most important considerations when choosing your kegerator is making sure it actually works for your space. Will your kegerator be built in to your countertop? That will create some additional space limitations. Do you plan to use it indoors or outdoors? Do you need to squeeze it into a tight apartment? All of these questions will need to be addressed before you begin shopping.
- Budget. Kegerators have a tremendous price variation. Mini kegerators start as low as $150, while commercial models could run as much as several thousands of dollars. Budget varieties are fine for the casual beer drinker, but true beer experts and home brewers will probably want to invest a little more. Free standing kegerators meant for indoor use are often the least expensive full size kegerators, but are not as versatile as those designed for indoor/outdoor use, or as aesthetically pleasing as some built-in models.
- Keg compatibility. Kegs come in a variety of shapes and sizes. If you’re a fan of a particular type of beer, you’ll want to make sure that your kegerator fits the right type of keg.
What size keg will fit in my kegerator?
While most kegs are relatively standard in size, there’s enough variety that you’ll want to make sure your favorite type of beer comes in a keg that fits your kegerator. For example, Miller Lite and Coors Like kegs are bulkier than other kegs and may not fit in kegerators smaller than 23 inches in width.
What kind of coupler do I need?
A keg coupler id the device that forces the beer out of the keg and into your glass. It attaches to the keg’s valve and to the CO2 line to push the beer out of the keg.
In the USA, the standard coupler is the American Sankey D coupler, and it’ll work with the vast majority of domestic kegs.
How long with one CO2 canister last?
The standard CO2 canister is five pounds. That will last you between two and four standard sized kegs depending on the temperature. Keeping the canister in cooler temperatures will help it last longer.
At what temperature should I store my keg?
Kegs should be stored between 36 and 40 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature will ensure the beer retains the proper amount of carbonation. A beer thermometer will give you a constant, accurate reading on your beer’s temperature.
Can the kegerator be built into the cabinetry in my kitchen?
Absolutely, assuming you buy the right kind. Built-in kegerators can fit underneath your existing countertop, ensuring a sleek look that fits in with the rest of your kitchen appliances. Make sure your kegerator is meant to be built in to ensure proper ventilation and that it’s the right height for your kitchen.
Are there advantages to kegs over bottled beer?
Beer from a keg has a different, fresher taste when compared to beer from a bottle. Those who truly appreciate the complexities of beer will enjoy this fresher, more complex flavor.
Depending on the type of kegerator you buy, the kegerator may save you money as well. Bottled beer is more expensive than a keg, so as long as you don’t spend too much on the equipment you can come out ahead in the end.
The Most Recommended Kegerators: 10 Best Kegerator Reviews
1) Nostalgia KRS2100 5.1 Cubic-Foot Full Size Kegorator Draft Beer Dispenser
If you are going to purchase a Kegerator for the first time or if you are short of funds, then this Nostalgia double tap kegerator might be your best Kegerator. It does all the basic things just about perfectly and will not cost you a large fortune.
In our Nostalgia electric kegerator review, we found out it has a nice soothing design, an expensive looking metal finish, and can fit in two five gallon beer kegs.
Our review team were quite impressed with several features, such as lockable output valve that ensures there would be no accidental adjustment of CO2, of this kegerator, and labeled it as one of the best kegerators on a budget.
we were surprised at how silent the kegerator is. We had to make sure that the thing is working properly since there was practically no sound.
Sure, this one lacks some advanced features such as child locks, but we doubt these are going to deter customers from buying this product.
2) EdgeStar KC2000 Full Size Kegerator and Keg Beer Cooler
This entry level EdgeStar keg beer cooler is next on our review list. Like the previous one, this would not cost you a huge sum and, at the same time, keeps your beers incredibly cold.
This piece of beauty can hold a standard 15.5-gallon keg. But users have reported that there is so little interior space available, often they have to struggle to load a keg.
Obviously, this is a point to consider since you would not be able to load oversized kegs and any other beverages apart from a single standard sized keg.
Furthermore, our EdgeStar kegerator review team identified a problem with the temperature controlling system, with users often reporting that their kegerator temperature is falling rather slowly.
But then again, according to their service team, this problem has a rather easier fix and can be done by anyone. Plus, small sized kegs means smaller kegerator. You would be able to save a lot of space in your room- 4 inches to be precise.
considering all the pros and cons, we still suggest customers purchase EdgeStar Full Size Kegerator largely due to its affordable costs and ability to keep beers cold.
3) Kegco kegerator Digital Beer Keg Cooler Refrigerator
When you have no limitations regarding budget, and you want the best in the market in terms of design and functionality, then this Kegco dual faucet kegerator might be your go to guy.
This, somewhat pricey, Kegco beer keg cooler contains all the tools required to pour someone a glass of ice cold, tasty beer.
With a brand new CO2 tank, innovative D system keg couplers, metal dual faucet draft tower, metal finishing, and minimalistic design makes this piece of art a perfect addition to your home or your store.
Furthermore, unlike many budget friendly cool kegerators, this one contains enough spaces to fit in kegs of any shape and size. Hence, you do not have to worry about fitting in all your beverages.
Plus, our Kegco digital kegerator review team appreciates this product largely due to the powerful integrated cooling system and high-quality build-components, designed to last for years to come.
4) Versonel VSL155TDSS Freestanding Full Keg Kegerator
If you are looking for something in the middle that would not set you back by too much but, at the same time, would retain most functionalities of a top end kegerator, you can consider this Versonel stainless steel kegerator.
Standing at 6 feet tall, this one adorns a sleek stainless finish. For easy mobility, you have casters at the foot end of the cool kegerator.
In addition, you have the luxury of an LCD quick view monitor through which you can monitor the temperature of your kegerator and adjust accordingly. Plus, you can easily convert your kegerator to a 6CF bar fridge with the help of a few tweaks.
In our kegerator review, we placed Versonal full keg kegerator in the middle of the ladder, a comfort zone for most buyers.
5) Egco Single Tap Freestanding Beer Dispenser
Suppose, you have arranged a party at your home and have invited all your friends. To make this occasion memorable, you have decided to purchase a cool kegerator for all your kegs. You are looking for something this is designed for a home environment.
Well, look no further. Kegco single tap beer dispenser is designed keeping in mind the home users and is 25% more energy efficient. Talking of sound many other top kegerators are known for their annoying sound.
Luckily, our Kegco single tap kegerator review team found nothing of that sort in this product, and hence highly recommended this product for household use.
Special features include stainless steel interior floor to prevent damages to the kegerator. Furthermore, smooth interior allows for the kegs to glide smoothly in and out of the kegerator and thus preventing damage.
Kegco beer dispenser can fit in one full-size keg and can be converted to beverage refrigerator if desired.
6) SPT BD-0538 Mini Kegerator & Dispenser
The cheapest kegerator in our list. Unlike previous other products, this one is perfectly suited for home entertainment.
This SPT stainless steel kegerator would consume much smaller space compared to other heavyweight competitors and contains the most basic functionalities.
It can chill your beer kegs within 19 to 21 hours after storing and preserves the kegs within an optimum temperature. This SPT beer dispenser accepts standard 5-liter kegs. So, with anything over than range, you are going to be disappointed.
But unlike other kegerators, this one can keep your keg fresh and ready to be served for about 30 days, while other high-end products can store your kegs for up to 3 months.
Our kegerator review team has labeled this one as the best home kegerator, as well as the best mini kegerator, in the market, and generously promotes the product to price conscious customers.
7) EdgeStar KC3000SSTWIN Full Size Dual Tap Kegerator with Digital Display
We guess there are customers who would gladly spend a few hundred more bucks for a few extra features. From them, this EdgeStar full-size kegerator might be a good option.
You can expect easy to use control panels that anyone with little technical know-how can operate. Furthermore, compared to EdgeStar mini kegerators, it contains a large interior space and can fit in a large full sized keg.
So, shop owners who need to serve a lot of people should consider this one.
In addition, the integrated drip tray, which is moveable and can easily be lifted for cleaning purpose, will ensure there is no spillage around the kegerator.
Lastly, you have a great choice of temperature control here. You can store your kegs at a temperature ranging from 32-50 degree F. Whether you need an ice cold beer or a slightly chilled one- they have you covered.
8) Igloo FRB200C 6 Cubic Feet Beer Kegerator with CO2 Tank and Kit
Beer lovers, now I would like to present to you another product in our top 10 kegerators list. Well, this might not rank as the best kegerator in the market, but this one is surely worth its money.
This 6 feet tall Igloo stainless steel kegerator can accommodate nearly all keg sizes including the full sized one and the Pony kegs. Just like top end products, this one contains CO2 tank and all other accessories necessary to serve you a glass of chilled beer.
Special features include scratch-resistant hard worktop, highly mobile wheel casters, removable drips to collect spillage, and chrome guardrail around the kegerator edges to protect your glasses and mugs from falling off the top.
Lastly, if you ever feel that you do not need your kegerator anymore, you can always convert it to a fully functional 6 feet refrigerator.
While this one is not the cheapest kegerator in the market, our kegerator review team considers Igloo beer Kegerator to be a perfect addition to your kitchen largely due to its exclusive design and functionalities.
9) SDI Deals Beer Keg Dispenser Kegerator Refrigerator
No everyone needs a tiny, cheap kegerator for their household purpose. There are corporations and shop owners too who need to serve hundreds of customers each hour. Would you want to change those small kegs each hour?
We guess it is a straight “no.” Hence, for customers like you, there are gigantic kegerators that can store up to 3 large sized kegs at a time.
This SDI deals dual tap kegerator is one such product. With two taps instead of the standard one, you can serve two customers at a time.
Other special features include three doors, temperature controlling features that can maintain the temperature within 33 to 41 degree F, and eight removable castor wheels to move this gigantic 410-pound kegerator.
To be fair with you, SDI deals beer keg dispenser costs a lot. In fact, this is the priciest product in our list and best suited for professional users.
10) EdgeStar KC7000SSTWIN Full Size Dual Tap Tower Cooled Built-in Kegerator
To be honest, this is a monster! One of the most expensive and the best kegerator currently available in the market. Be it design or functionality- this one delivers and beats other market competitors fairly easily.
You will receive features such as air cooled beer tower, front ventilation; interior LED lighting, reversible door, professional handle and another whole host of features that are not available in most standard kegerators.
Features included within EdgeStar full-size built-in kegerator such as forced air refrigeration makes sure the temperature is evenly distributed within the kegs, and all your pours taste same.
Or think that you are a shop owner and you are worried about the unauthorized use of your product, you can always use the integrated door lock feature included within this EdgeStar built in the kegerator and make sure no one bar you can access this kegerator.
These are handy features but come at a certain cost. For us, if you have money to burn, you go for this one. Simple!
Conclusion: Choosing the Best Kegerator
There you go! These were our reviews on top 10 kegerators in the market. We chose our products based on price, functionality and overall user experience.
We tried to bring you products of varying price range so that each one of you can choose one based on your budget and requirements. There are other products in the market, but these ten are our recommendations.
We would not go on saying that products not listed within this review are bad and should be avoided. Sure, they can be worth their money, but if you have little knowledge regarding kegerators, then our review will surely help you in choosing the best kegerator for your home or shop.
Finally, if you have anything to say regarding our article, or if you already own any of these products and you are willing to share your experience with us, go ahead and leave us a reply. Your comments would be much appreciated.
Featured Image Credit: safanadesigns.com