What Is The Best Copper Spray Paint?
The best copper spray paint is Rust-Oleum 1937830 Metallic Spray Copper because of its all-around quality and versatility, all of which can be had at a reasonable cost. It’s ideal for several indoor surfaces, such as wood, plaster, and metal. One can go a long way, and the paint dries quickly.
In our search for the best copper spray paint, we compared several products and considered factors like cost and quality.
The best quality copper paints are versatile, provide a smooth, consistent finish, and ultimately deliver as promised.
We read hundreds of customer reviews to learn as much as we could about each type of paint. Finally, we narrowed it down to five copper spray paints that stood out from the rest. Here they are:
Top 5 Best Copper Spray Paints: Our Picks & Recommendation
- Best Overall: Rust-Oleum 1937830 Metallic Spray Copper
- Best Budget: Rust-Oleum 301537 Universal All Surface Spray Paint
- Best Hammered: Rust-Oleum 247567 Spray-Paints Hammered Copper
- Best for High-Gloss Finish: Krylon K01020A07 Premium Copper Metallic Brilliance Spray Paint
- Best for Indoor Use: Krylon K02203 General Purpose Spray Paint
5 Best Copper Spray Paint Reviews
What You Will Love: The best copper spray paint adds a vibrant finish to home decor so it looks like real copper. You can use it on several surfaces, and one can give you plenty of coverage.
When it comes to the best copper spray paint overall, Rust-Oleum 1937830 Metallic Spray Copper got top marks across the board because of its quality and versatility.
You can use it on wood, plaster, metal, and more to add a vibrant finish to your favorite home decor. Copper spray paint contains flakes of the rich-colored metal for an authentic look.
You can cover a lot of ground with this reflective, glossy paint. Just one can lets you paint up to 12 square feet of material.
It dries in just 15 minutes, and you can add a second coat an hour after applying the first, so you don’t have to wait forever to complete your home decorating or scrapbooking projects.
- It looks like real copper
- Can be applied to many surfaces
- and the contents of one can go a long way
- It’s only designed for interior accent pieces
- Applying a clear top coat can dull the finish
What You Will Love: This best copper spray paint on a budget gives surfaces a vibrant, fashionable, metallic shine. Formulated as a combination of paint and primer, it’s resistant to damage from wear and tear and weather elements. This paint can be had for a modest price, too.
If like many of us, you’re doing DIY home decor projects on a budget, we recommend Rust-Oleum 301537 Universal All Surface Spray Paint.
With this colorful paint, you can add vivid accents to virtually any surface- plaster, wood, vinyl, fiberglass, concrete, and even wicker, to name a few.
One can of this metallic champagne pink paint covers up to 15 square feet. It dries in 30 minutes.
Its oil-based formula prevents fading, chipping, rust, and corrosion, so you don’t have to worry about the need for frequent touch-ups.
Ideal for indoor and outdoor projects alike, it also allows for optimal protection from the elements.
The ergonomic cap allows you to spray from any angle, and your finger won’t get a workout from holding down the trigger.
- It’s long-lasting
- and comes with a modest price tag
- Some people complained that the trigger is “quirky” and can make the paint come out in blobs.
- Try spraying in the air first to get the hang of how it works.
What You Will Love: This versatile spray adheres well to just about anything and hides surface imperfections.
Looking for a high-quality hammered copper spray paint? Look no further than Rust-Oleum 247567. You can use it on wood, vinyl, concrete, or just about any other surface.
Oil-based, it adheres well wherever it’s applied, and it’s resistant to corrosion, rusting, fading and chipping.
If you’re using this paint to dress up vintage furniture or any other item that has a few flaws, you’ll be happy to know that the hammered copper finish conceals surface imperfections for a smooth appearance.
Equipped with an ergonomic trigger for maximum hand comfort, the can is designed for spraying in any direction, so you can cover even hard-to-reach places.
- It’s versatile
- And sticks well to most surfaces
- There were some complaints about the nozzle and that it was difficult to achieve the desired hammered look
- This paint may not adhere to plastic as well as other surfaces, so you may need a second coat.
What You Will Love: This high-quality paint can be used on a variety of surfaces and gives the appearance of authentic copper, rather than just looking like a coat of paint.
When you want to achieve an especially lustrous look to bring out the best in your home decor, Krylon K01020A07 Premium Copper Metallic Brilliance Spray Paint may be just what you’re looking for.
Apply a coat to your surface of choice-metal, wood, paper mache, plastic, paper, wicker, plastic, glass, or ceramic and instead of having a painted appearance, it will look as if it’s actually been plated.
It dries to touch in just ten minutes, and it’s ready to handle in just two hours after painting. The acid-free paint leaves a smooth, glossy, high-quality finish that you can’t find with many other spray paints.
- It achieves an authentic-looking copper finish and works well on a variety of surfaces
- Some people were disappointed that the color wasn’t as vivid as they had expected.
- For best results, remove any old paint before applying new, and be sure to first use primer on surfaces that require it.
Best for Indoor Use
What You Will Love: Countless customers were pleased with the rose-gold finish this spray paint creates. It’s quick-drying and adheres well to many surfaces.
If you’re focused on indoor decorating and don’t need a spray paint that can withstand weather elements, Krylon K02203 General Purpose Spray Paint is especially well-suited to all-purpose in-house use.
This durable water-based paint gives your furniture, fixtures, and other household items a matte, rose-gold metallic finish.
It allows for even coverage and adheres well to most surfaces, as long as you shake the can well before use. The paint dries pretty quickly, too, so you can expedite your DIY projects.
- Many satisfied customers were pleased with the matte finish
- Especially if they weren’t looking for something particularly shiny in the first place.
- Some customers were disappointed that this paint doesn’t provide the metallic finish they were expecting because they thought the paint would match the color of the cap.
- The paint is actually darker and less shiny.
- Does not appear metallic.
The best copper spray paint can transform wedding decor, furniture, picture frames, and other accent pieces. Doing a little research ahead of time will help you make an informed decision about what