|View On Amazon|
|View On Amazon|
|3|| OXO On
|View On Amazon|
|4|| Cuisinart Brew Central
Drip Coffee Maker
|View On Amazon|
|5|| Ninja Coffee Bar
Drip Coffee Maker
|View On Amazon|
The very best coffee comes from the best coffee maker.
The robust flavor you crave in the morning is only as good as a coffee maker brews it, but choosing from the virtually endless coffee makers on the market is tough.
We’re bringing you our top coffee maker reviews by type, brand, and capacity to help you find the perfect model to fit your needs and make you a tasty cup each morning.
Not Sure How to Choose the Best Coffee Maker? Click here to learn about what to consider to buy a coffee maker.
- How To Find An Ideal Coffee Maker
- How To Choose Best Coffee Maker
- Conclusion: Choosing The Best Coffee Maker
The Most Recommended Coffee Makers: 10+ Best Reviewed
- Cuisinart DCC-3200 Best Coffee Maker
- Best Budget Black Decker CM2035B Coffee Maker
- Cuisinart Brew Central Drip Coffee Maker
- Ninja Coffee Bar Drip Coffee Maker
- BUNN BT Velocity Brew Drip Coffee Maker
- Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Switch Drip Coffee Maker
- Black and Decker 5-Cup Drip Coffee Maker
- Mr. Coffee Espresso/Cappuccino System
- Keurig K55 Single Coffee Maker
- The Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Steam Espresso System
- Cuisinart Programmable Coffee Maker
- Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Machine
- Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
- Bonavita 8-Cup Carafe Coffee Brewer
- Cuisinart 10-Cup Coffee Maker
How To Find An Ideal Coffee Maker
Are you shopping for the ideal coffee maker? If you are then chances are you are in for a big surprise. There are so many types of coffee makers and coffee maker models to choose from.
If you are new to purchasing this kind of kitchen appliance then you need this handy guide on how to choose the ideal coffee maker type and brand.
Choosing What Type Of Coffee Maker
- Percolator – this could be a stovetop or electric type of percolator where in you simply place coffee in the percolator pot, fill the pot with water and then wait till the coffee is ready. This is great if you are merely brewing coffee in small batches and also for camping. However you need to constantly monitor the percolator so that it does not overflow and to ensure that your coffee is brewing at the right temperature. Some electric percolators have a keep warm setting.
- French Press – this is a stovetop coffee maker used to make bolder coffee. It requires constant monitoring and has a very small capacity however coffee brewed using a French Press is one of the most delectable of all.
- Drip Style Coffee Maker – this is the most common type of coffee maker. You simply place the coffee grounds on the filter basket; pour water in the coffee maker receptacle and then power the coffee maker on. This appliance could be fully automatic and there are more features to choose from especially in high end drip style coffee makers.
- Specialty Coffee Machines – these are mostly found in coffee shops selling designer coffee. Most of these machines are used to make gourmet coffee or espresso coffee. These machines also require efficient training to use, the right type of coffee beans and grinds to be able to get the best cup of coffee.
- Coffee Urns – these are large jars where coffee is brewed and kept warm for social occasions like buffets. Coffee is kept in the right temperature for longer periods of time however it could be very difficult to achieve the best coffee flavor and strength.
Choosing The Features That You Need
Every coffee enthusiast has a particular coffee maker feature that she could never live without. And therefore if you are looking more out of a best coffee maker then you should look for models with the following features:
- auto shut off features,
- a programmable timer or setting with a clock,
- a self-cleaning feature,
- a brew interrupt or pause so you can inspect the brew before it is finished,
- a water level window so you can easily see the brew and a wide pouring spout so you can enjoy freshly-brewed coffee minus the cleanup.
High End Coffee Makers Anyone?
Some coffee makers come with a lot of extras and these does not make it very convenient to brew coffee but make coffee brewing fun and a whole new experience especially for first time brewers.
Some of the extras that you should be considering are the following:
- a permanent or lifetime filter to save you from buying disposable ones,
- an efficient water filtration system to reduce clogging,
- signals or warning sounds that tell you that water is ready or the coffee is at the end of its keep warm cycle,
- a built in coffee grinder for freshly ground coffee and a self-cleaning cycle.
Coffee Maker Prices
Never underestimate low budget coffee makers since these may have more features and better brewing capacities than the high end ones. And before you actually choose or purchase, it is best to compare prices and features.
Start by looking for coffee maker comparison sites. Amazon.com has a great selection of coffee makers plus a comparison of different brands and even a comparison of different models with the same brand names.
It would also help if you read technical specs of each one as well as read online consumer reviews of these brands just to make sure that you are purchasing quality appliances.
It is natural to have a budget in purchasing different items however do not let your budget range keep you from purchasing the ideal coffee maker. Sometimes it is worth paying extra for features that you need.
How To Choose Best Coffee Maker
There’s a lot that we considered in our search for the best coffee maker in each category. Here are the most important factors we based our top reviews on:
Programmability Of A Coffee Maker
Of the most important things we look at is the programming functions of a coffee maker. Can you set it to auto-brew at a particular time of day, so it’s ready for you in the morning?
Can you adjust the heat and strength settings? Features like these are handy to have, but not always necessary if you’re looking for a very basic coffee maker.
Extra Features Of A Coffee Maker
What additional features does the coffee maker have? One of the features most people like to have included on their coffee maker is a pausing function that halts the brewing process if you remove your pot from the machine to pour a cup before it finishes.
Some coffee makers also come with an automatic shut-off feature for safety purposes if you forget to turn it off after you’re done using it. Additional features can help you decide between two similar coffee makers.
Capacity Of A Coffee Maker
Versatility in brewing sizes can also be a helpful feature for many coffee lovers. Some coffee makers have an optional small batch setting for brewing four cups or less with optimal flavor and strength.
Filter Process Of A Coffee Maker
Higher-end coffee makers sometimes include a special water filter to help remove impurities from tap water for the best-tasting cup of coffee possible.
Those that do use filters may use either reusable filters or disposable paper filters. You’ll need to purchase paper filters when you run out, which is an additional cost to consider.
We believe that the best coffee makers back up their claims with excellent warranties for their customers.
If you choose to spend more money to get a coffee maker with unique features, you will likely feel more secure with your purchase if the coffee maker comes with a long warranty. A warranty of one to three years is a good length for a coffee maker.
The Most Recommended Coffee Makers: 19 Best Coffee Maker Reviews By Sujana Marie
1) Cuisinart DCC-3200 Best Coffee Maker
For The Perfect Coffee the Cuisinart DCC-3200 is, in our opinion, one of the best coffee makers on the market, thanks to its top performance, its great features, and best of all, its great price.
The first thing that we love about CUISINART DCC-3200 is its large capacity. With a 14-cup capacity, you can make enough coffee for the whole family, in just one go, without actually compromising the strength and flavor.
Needless to say, this option will save your time since it will make easy and fast work of brewing coffee. On the other hand, you can brew fours cups of coffee, if you want to have enough coffee for a whole day, just for yourself.
The charcoal water filter makes sure that the water for brewing is purified so your coffee doesn’t have that awful “metal” taste, the reusable gold tone filter ensures that coffee grinds stay fresh.
A handy thermal carafe contributes to a better taste of coffee since it will let your coffee brew for longer. Furthermore, the contributes to a better taste of coffee since it will let your coffee brew thermal carafe is cleverly designed and comes with a drip-free spout, in order to prevent spilling the coffee all over the counter.
However, what makes this unit the best coffee maker are actually the controls. The automatic controls are well-organized, and user-friendly, allowing you to quickly make the perfect coffee for you.
With the Adjustable keep warm temperature control, you can brew several cups of coffee in one go, and drink the coffee later. The 24-programmable option is ideal if you want your coffee to be ready while you are still in bed.
The coffee maker will always let you know when the coffee is ready, with a beeping sound. Another handy control we appreciate is the self-cleaning function that will keep the unit clean for you, so as not to lower the good quality and taste of your coffee.
2) Best Budget Black Decker CM2035B Coffee Maker
An easy-to-use thermal coffee maker, perfect for coffee lovers who are looking for an affordable coffee machine but at the same time, want great tasting coffee.
If you are on a budget, we recommend you choose the Black Decker CM2035B Coffeemaker.
With a 12-cup capacity, you and your family will enjoy rich and tasty coffee throughout the day. In addition, this is a thermal carafe which means that your coffee will stay hot for quite some time, and will still have afresh taste.
An auto brew, auto shut off, and pause buttons make this unit a pleasure to use while allowing you to quickly make great-tasting coffee. What’s more, you get to choose among regular, strong and bold coffee, to match your mood and the intensity of your day.
On top of all, there is this Evenstream showerhead that ensures water is precisely dispersed where it needs to be so that you fully taste the coffee flavor. Sure, this coffee maker is not as durable as high-end models, but it is definitely worth your money.
Best Drip Coffee Maker
3) Cuisinart Brew Central Drip Coffee Maker Review
Next drip coffee maker review is the Cuisinart Brew Central DCC-1200 12 Cup Programmable Coffeemaker. If our previous choice didn’t offer the kind of control over your coffee brewing experience that you want, this may be the machine for you.
In fact, this machine’s brushed metal (which looks very sleek) front panel may appear daunting upon first glance, given the array of buttons and knobs to be found.
However, looks can be deceiving, and in short order you’ll be brewing coffee to your exact specifications.
The DCC-1200 drip coffee maker comes in red or black/silver and is retro-styled, with a boxy, charming look. However, it’s not particularly compact, at a height of 14 inches.
- Includes permanent, reusable gold filter; no need to ever buy a paper filter again.
- Easy pour carafe fills your cup without spills and the handle is extremely sturdy. The carafe’s lid does not flip open however, forcing you to funnel it through the lid opening, which may disappoint those seeking quicker pours.
- The machine’s components that come into contact with water are BPA-free.
- Unobtrusive beeping lets you know when your coffee is ready.
- Reasonably-priced machine with many features that brews a good cup of coffee (or 12).
- The on/off switch has stopped working for some people.
- Water reservoir markings are on the inside, making it more difficult to see how much you’ve poured in. The water reservoir opening is also very narrow, requiring a precise (and slightly slower) fill.
4) Ninja Coffee Bar Drip Coffee Maker Review
Let’s move on to the Ninja Coffee Bar Brewer, one of the most head-turning drip coffee makers you’re likely ever to lay eyes on.
This is an impressive looking machine that is at turns retro-styled and unabashedly modern. It’s also a rather large one, at 15 inches high, 10.5 inches wide, and 10.8 inches deep.
This drip coffee machine is ideally suited for specialty coffee lovers and comes complete with a recipe book filled with 100 recipes, all of which can be brewed using the Ninja.
If the possibility of making a Starbucks-level variety of drinks from the comfort of your own kitchen excites you, then you definitely need a Ninja in your life.
- Double-sided, labelled scoop makes it easy to measure for different drink sizes
- Separate Ninja Easy Frother outdoes many battery-operated frothers sold individually
- Excellent design; everything is well thought out and intuitive, making loading coffee and water and cleaning the machine a breeze
- Thermal carafe and insulated tumbler are perfect for hot and cold drinks, maintaining the temperatures of either for hours
- Turns the same old coffee grounds into any number of great tasting coffee varieties, making it a guaranteed crowd pleaser
- Temperature does not always reach the ideal level of hotness
- Clean light can malfunction, remaining on even when cleaning is completed
- Cup may overflow if not big enough when using the cup serving size (should be at least 12 ounces). There can also be a bit of splatter using that option.
- No throwing stars included. How un-Ninja-like
5) BUNN BT Velocity Brew Drip Coffee Maker Review
This drip coffee machine boasts the ability to brew 10 cups of coffee in about 3 minutes, which puts most machines to shame. Of course, speed is not necessarily better, as the SCAA recommends that coffee grounds be soaked for a minimum of over 4 minutes.
Regardless, the resulting coffee is quite good, so those coffee drinkers who have a need for speed in the morning have found their coffee Porsche (even if it looks like a Pinto).
The Velocity Brew is a bulky, boxy beast, demanding over 16 inches deep of counter space and 14-and-a-half inches of room to house its full height.
It’s also nearly completely devoid of any aesthetic touches given its lack of buttons, knobs, or any kind of screen.
A simple power switch at the bottom of the water tank is the only thing you can manipulate. Needless to say, the Velocity Brew does not require any kind of learning curve to use.
Assuming you already had water in the tank, simply put in your coffee grounds and close the lid (which is otherwise held slightly propped open), which acts as the only method to begin the brewing cycle.
Then collect your coffee three minutes later. The Velocity Brew is proudly assembled in the US of A.
- One of the fastest coffee makers on the market, ideal for anyone who needs to brew a lot of coffee (or different varieties of coffee) within a limited amount of time
- Large stainless steel water tank holds up to 20 cups worth of water and keeps it preheated. Hot water can also be used for tea.
- Hits your grounds with scalding water right from the start, soaking them at the ideal temperature for just as long or even longer than machines that take twice as long to brew coffee
- 3-year limited warranty
- Did we mention how fast it is?
- Device can give off a distasteful odor for up to four weeks
- Not ideal for making less than a full 10 cups of coffee per brew
- Lacking programmable features.
6) Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Switch Drip Coffee Maker Reviews
This drip coffee maker model continues to showcase the brand’s combination of well-designed coffee machines at very affordable prices.
This coffee machne is extremely compact, measuring less than 10 inches high (16 inches with the lid fully raised), and just 7 inches wide and a little over 6 inches deep.
It’s also quite cute; one might even call it adorable, if one was inclined to use such a word to describe a coffee maker.
While it’s the perfect addition to a college dorm room or cramped kitchen thanks to its size, it would not look out of place in a modern looking kitchen.
Among this drip coffee machine’s nice design features are its removable filter basket, which makes it easy and mess-free to clean.
There’s also a dual window on the water reservoir with measurement markings, so you know exactly how much water is currently in there.
The glass carafe also has measurement markings, so you know how much is in there and how much more could be added.
For such an inexpensive machine, it’s impressive that they also added a pause brew feature, and not only a standard one, but an auto-pause feature at that.
Simply lift the carafe off the warming plate and the brewing cycle will pause long enough for you to pour yourself a cup. Place it back on the plate and the brewing resumes.
The only element you have to actually control is the on/off switch, and it should be noted that the maker does not have an auto shutoff feature, so you’ll want to make sure you turn it off before going out.
If you’re looking for a very affordable drip coffee maker that is well designed, durable, and makes good coffee (of course), this makes a great option.
7) Black And Decker 5-Cup Drip Coffee Maker Review
With its slightly larger capacity over the previously reviewed Mr. Coffee model, this drip coffee machine is also slightly larger, at 10.77 inches high, 9.75 inches wide, and 7.25 inches deep.
It’s also not quite as cute as that Mr. Coffee machine, with a slightly boxier look.
However, the extra cup of water/coffee capacity that it offers could be a big difference-maker depending on your needs, in which case this is a strong option.
It has the same measurement markings on its glass carafe and water reservoir as the Mr. Coffee, making it easy to gauge your coffee situation at any time.
It also features a basket-style removable filter basket for easy loading and cleaning.
One nice additional feature that this unit has is its cord storage, which allows you to pull the cord out from within the base of the unit itself just enough to reach its targeted power source.
This is a very handy feature for crowded counter spaces on which you would otherwise have extra cord length getting in the way of things.
This Black and Decker model is missing one handy feature in comparison to the aforementioned Mr. Coffee though, and that’s the auto-pause feature.
There’s no way to stop that incessant coffee dripping once it’s started, so you’ll have one of three options:
(1) quickly switch the carafe out with something else while you pour a cup,
(2) wait for the entire pot to finish brewing,
or the most daring of all (and sign of a true coffee lover),
(3) pull that carafe out and accept the resulting mess as a willing price to pay to have some coffee a few minutes earlier.
There is no automatic shutoff feature, so you’ll need to remember to turn the machine off before heading out.
Oddly enough, the machine is turned off by pressing the power button on the side up rather than down, which is somewhat unconventional.
This is a very solid drip coffee maker which ranks right up there with the Mr. Coffee 4-cup machine as a top option for those looking for a bargain-basement priced machine.
Best Espresso Coffee Maker
8) Mr. Coffee Espresso/Cappuccino System Review
Our pick for best espresso coffee maker is Mr. Coffee Espresso/Cappuccino System. This handy machine can make a variety of drinks you’d expect to order from your favorite coffeehouse.
Brew cappuccinos, lattes, and espressos with your favorite infused flavors, like hazelnut and caramel.
With 15 different pressure settings, you can froth your milk to the perfect texture, from whipped to creamy. The one-touch control panel lets you adjust settings with ease, no barista experience required.
Choose the type of drink and frothing pressure you want and the machine will do the tough work. You can make a single drink for yourself or several for your friends. The convenient 55-ounce water reservoir holds plenty of water to brew a few drinks before needing a refill.
Best Single Serve Coffee Maker
9) Keurig K55 Single Coffee Maker Review
Keurig is known for its single-cup coffee maker options.
The Keurig K55 Single Coffee Maker is our favorite single serve option because of its fast brewing technology, convenient filling and clean up, and ultimate flavor it brings to your cup of coffee.
This Keurig model has a 48-ounce water reservoir so you can brew six or more cups before having to refill it. You can brew 6, 8, or 10-ounce mugs, and selecting your size is as simple as the push of one button on the control panel.
One of the best things about this single cup coffee maker is that you also can use it to brew your other favorite hot drinks, like hot chocolate or tea.
You can also customize your coffee flavor by using the simple controls that guide you through the brewing process, such as setting your brew strength.
Best Mr. Coffee Coffee Maker
10) The Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Steam Espresso System
Interestingly, our favorite Mr. Coffee coffee maker brews fantastic espresso instead of regular coffee.
The Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Steam Espresso System is our go-to machine to get everything we love about the Mr. Coffee brand in one system.
It’s powerful, easy to use, simple to clean, and churns out a delicious espresso, latte, or cappuccino quickly. This espresso system includes a powerful frothing arm that helps bring your frothed milk or cream to the top of your drink.
Brew up to 20 ounces of your favorite drink at a time, delivered straight to the glass decanter.
The decanter has an easy-pour design with a handle that stays cool for added safety. A slight tilt of your wrist will pour your drink.
Best Cuisinart Coffee Maker
11) Cuisinart Programmable Coffeemaker
The Cuisinart Programmable Coffee Maker is our favorite from Cuisinart because of its versatility in the kitchen.
With its hot water system that’s independent of the machine, you can use the system alone to make things other than coffee, like oatmeal, tea, soup, or hot cocoa.
The hot water system holds up to 54 ounces of water so that it can meet your needs for a variety of hot water necessities.
The The 12-cup carafe features an easy-pour, drip-free design. You can keep the carafe at your desired temperature by choosing between low, medium, and high heat settings for the hot plate.
The removable drip tray is easy to clean and can help make room for large travel mugs to fit conveniently on the base.
This machine also has indicator lights that tell you when the water is heated to an optimal temperature for brewing and when it needs to be refilled for another brew.
The included water filter can keep your water free of impurities that affect the flavor of your coffee.
Best Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker
12) Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Machine
Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Machine is its best coffee maker for simple, one-handed programming and pouring.
Its innovative design brews up to 12 cups of coffee but is intended to brew straight into your cup or thermos for ultimate convenience.
Without any dripping or spills that come from brewing into, and pouring from, a carafe, there’s less clean up after use.
If you choose to brew more than your cup can hold at one time, the machine will brew it conveniently inside and keep it at the optimal temperature for up to four hours.
So, you can come back and get cup after cup while the coffee maker keeps your brewed coffee hot without scorching it.
The control panel features large, clear buttons for simple functionality. The versatile machine also allows you to choose a regular or bold brew, or you can select the small batch option for the perfect flavor for up to four cups.
Best 4-Cup Coffee Maker
13) Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker Review
Owning a 4-cup coffee maker doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice functionality for a smaller machine. The Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker proves that small coffee makers can be convenient, simple, and functional.
This coffee machine uses minimal electricity to brew coffee, yet provides the basic controls necessary for you to make the most out of your machine.
With its auto-pause feature, you can grab a cup of coffee as it brews and the machine will automatically pause the brewing until you place the carafe back on the base.
Mr. Coffee also added the coveted timer feature so you can program your coffee to brew and be ready for you once you get out of bed.
The filter basket is removable so you can thoroughly clean it and quickly fill it with a new disposable filter and coffee.
The water reservoir helps you fill it accurately with its see-through window and measurements, so you know exactly where you need to stop.
Best 8-Cup Coffee Maker
14) Bonavita 8-Cup Carafe Coffee Brewer Review
Bonavita 8-Cup Carafe Coffee Brewer is not only one of our favorite coffee maker designs, but it also excels in brewed coffee flavor and optimal brewing temperature.
This coffee maker features a stainless-steel design that looks sharp and stays durable.
The carafe is also made of stainless steel, and its thermal lining helps hold your coffee at the proper temperature for longer periods of time over coffee makers with a hot plate.
Bonavita’s coffee maker has a flat-bottom filter basket that helps water spread evenly over the coffee grinds, allowing your coffee to have a more robust flavor.
Additionally, Bonavita designed its machine, so the water sprays like a showerhead to more uniformly cover your grinds. One exceptionally-unique feature of this coffee maker is its optional pre-infusion mode.
This function wets the coffee grinds before they brew to bring out the best, fullest flavor possible.
Best 10-Cup Coffee Maker
15) Cuisinart 10-Cup Coffeemaker Review
We love the Cuisinart 10-Cup Classic Thermal Programmable Coffeemaker for the 10-cup capacity category.
This coffee maker is versatile, with its ability to brew a full 10-cup carafe or switches to the small batch setting for one to four cups brewed to the perfect strength and flavor.
With the additional charcoal water filter than many other similar coffee makers lack, you can ensure that impurities will be removed before your coffee brews, so your water won’t alter the taste of your coffee.
Additionally, the gold-tone coffee filter keeps your coffee grinds fresh and tasting their best without the risk of impurities seeping in.
This Cuisinart machine features a showerhead water spray that dispenses evenly over your coffee grinds to ensure that it doesn’t miss any coffee flavor. The conveniently-measured water reservoir has a see-through indicator, so you know exactly where you need to fill it to.
The thermal carafe with double-wall insulation keeps your coffee warm between cups. The handle and mouth design allow you to pour your coffee with minimal spills or drips easily.
Cuisinart takes its machine one step further by offering additional features that set this model apart from the pack. You’ll know when your coffee is ready thanks to the audible notification and the smart system will tell you when it’s time to clean your machine.
The cleaning setting can even do it for you. Also, this model has a power loss backup system that protects your programmed information in case of a blackout, breaker trip, or other loss of power.
Conclusion: Choosing The Best Coffee Maker
Coffee makers come in a wide range of shapes, styles, designs, and functions to meet the needs of any coffee drinker.
Your budget should be one of the first things you consider when choosing between the best coffee makers, but you’ll also want to find one that has the most important features you need to make your coffee brewing process as smooth as possible.
Our buying guide includes our top picks based on coffee maker type, brand, and capacity to help you choose the perfect one.
Remember to take special consideration in selecting a coffee maker that isn’t too large for your space, yet one that will also hold up to your daily coffee usage.
Your coffee maker should provide you with long-term function and durability while brewing the best-tasting coffee without extra hassles.
- Best Coffee For Espresso
- Keurig Coffee Maker Reviews
- Best Home Espresso Machine Reviews
- Best Single Cup Coffee Maker
- Best Coffee Urn To Brew The Best Coffee
- Best K Cup Coffee Pods
- Best Moka Pot Reviews
- Best 4 Cup Coffee Maker Reviews