Which Set is the Best Anodized Cookware?
We’ve reviewed several different sets here, but if you are looking for the top anodized cookware set at the best price, you really can’t beat the T-fal E765SE Cookware Set for its large variety of pans, ease of care, and long-term performance.
If you need to add some dazzle to your kitchen, spend the extra bucks on the Anolon 11-Piece Cookware Set and enjoy its unique bronze polished finish.
Quick Comparison: 5 Top Anodized Cookware Sets
|1|| Anolon Hard Anodized Nonstick |
11-Piece Cookware Set
|View On Amazon|
|2||T-fal E765SE Anodized Cookware |
|View On Amazon|
|3|| Cuisinart 66-17N Chef's Classic |
Anodized Cookware Set
|View On Amazon|
|4|| Rachael Ray Hard-Anodized Aluminum |
Cookware Set 12-Piece
|View On Amazon|
|5|| Circulon Contempo 10-Piece |
Anodized Cookware Set
|View On Amazon|
Top 5 Best Anodized Cookware Sets: Our Picks & Recommendations
- Best Overall: Anolon Nonstick 11-Piece Anodized Cookware
- Runner Up, Best Overall: T-fal E765SE Nonstick Pots and Pans Set, 14 Piece
- Best Budget: Cuisinart 66-17N Chef’s Classic Non-Stick, 17 Piece Set
- Best Price: Rachael Ray Cucina Hard-Aluminum Nonstick Pots and Pans
- Best 10-Piece Set: Circulon 82376 Contempo-10 Piece Set
How to Choose the Perfect Anodized Cookware?
While searching for your perfect set of anodized cookware, keep these shopping tips in mind:
- Anolon is Awesome: There are also many other quality brands on the market that you can find at most big-box stores including T-fal, Cuisinart, and Calphalon.
- How Much Should I Spend? The perfect anodized cookware sets will run you about $300 to $500. If you spend less than $200, expect the set to wear out after about 10 years, but you will love them while they last.
- Look for Anodized Aluminum: You can anodize many different metals, but it is aluminum that provides the best heating and durability. If the product doesn’t say aluminum, you are likely looking at a knock-off.
- Do You Have an Induction Cooktop? If you do, anodized cookware will not work for you. It lacks the conductive qualities required. These pans will work wonderfully on gas, electric, or ceramic stovetops.
- Easy Clean Up: While many anodized cookware sets are dishwasher safe, the highest quality pans recommend hand washing–but they won’t require any special chemicals or scrubbing pads to do the trick. Look for easy-release as part of the product description to ensure you will have a set that works for you, instead of eating up extra time at the sink.
Features of the Best Hard Anodized Cookware
The quality anodized cookware features an all-aluminum construction, which provides rapid and even heating for your stovetop cooking. It is chemically treated and then subjected to an electric current which oxidizes the aluminum–that is the anodizing process.
The aluminum becomes extremely tough, is generally non-stick, and stands up well to years of daily use. It is one of the most durable and affordable options for quality cookware.
The best sets of hard anodized cookware will include:
- A hard surface that can withstand daily use of plastic, wood, and metal utensils
- A non-toxic nonstick cooking surface-anodized aluminum does not need an extra Teflon layer to avoid food sticking
- A stay-cool handle and lid so you don’t have to reach for the potholder while moving your pans around
- Features easy clean up requiring no heavy scrubbing or special chemicals
- Durable design with a lifetime warranty–these are intended to last for decades, not a couple of years
Is Anodized Aluminum Cookware Safe?
Yes, it is safe.
While eating untreated aluminum can cause illness, the process used on the anodized cookware hardens the aluminum which then resists mixing in with your food while cooking. This makes it a very safe option for daily use in your kitchen.
If you find a set of anodized cookware that also includes an extra non-stick layer, that layer may contain carcinogens and you should do some extra research to protect the health of your family before purchasing. Look for PFOA-free nonstick cookware.
Hard Anodized Cookware vs Stainless Steel Cookware
If you are looking for a super cheap set of pots and pans, stainless steel may be your answer. However, you get what you pay for. Stainless steel heats unevenly and will lose its shiny appearance over time.
Quality anodized cookware provides fast and even heat distribution across the bottom of the pan and up the sides. They maintain their appearance after many trips through the dishwasher, as well.
Hard Anodized Cookware vs Non-stick Cookware
You will never spend as much cash on a simple non-stick frying pan, but it is destined for the trash can after a couple years. Non-stick coatings will chip, scratch and wear out, which can even allow the coating to mix with your food.
The superior anodized cookware features a solid, non-porous surface that will easily outlast your non-stick purchase. You will also never have to worry about unknown chemicals leaching into your food.
5 Best Anodized Cookware Reviews
Below you will find five of our highest recommendations for the performing anodized cookware sets available on the market. We’ve provided handy pros and cons for quick side-by-side comparison of their best features.
Anolon has one of the best reputations and produces heavy-duty nonstick pans making them one of the best sets.
Their pans feature a beautiful exterior finish and a PFOA-free non-stick cooking surface.
Users love the silicone grip handles that resist heat buildup while the tempered glass lids help you keep an eye on your sauces while bubbling away.
This set also includes a 12-inch griddle pan which is perfect for searing off steaks, chicken, and hamburgers in an easy-to-clean piece.
The oversized 8-quart stock pot is able to handle enough servings of pasta for the whole family or fits several lobsters inside for that special celebration.
This anodized cookware set has been engineered to provide even heating across the entire bottom, avoiding hot spots or rings caused by your burners.
Extremely durable, Anolon provides a limited lifetime warranty ready to replace any pan that fails under normal use. You are paying a premium for this elegant set, but you can expect it to outlast the more affordable options.
- Attractive exterior finish
- Durable non-stick finish
- Even heating with no hot spots
- More expensive than the competition
- Not dishwasher safe
- Only oven safe up to 400F
Runner Up, Best Overall
If you are shopping for an affordable set, you really can’t go wrong with T-fal.
This collection includes a wide variety of sizes and types of pans ready to cook pancakes, soups, stews, steaks and more which earns it the top spot in our reviews.
It also features an extra non-stick surface applied to the interior, but the manufacturer describes these pans as dishwasher safe.
So you’ll be cleaning up after a big dinner in no time. The handles are riveted to the pan, instead of welded for improved durability then covered in silicone to resist heat buildup.
T-fal anodized cookware set can be transferred into the oven, but only up to 400F. It features a limited lifetime warranty, so if a pan fails you can expect to get a replacement as long as you didn’t abuse the product.
The T-fal spot helps you pre-heat your pan to the perfect temperature so you can get that beautiful sear each and every time.
- Affordable set of anodized cookware
- Excellent variety of pans including a 12-inch flat griddle
- T-fal Thermo-Spot provides no-brainer pre-heating
- Some pans arrive without non-stick surface
- Does not work on induction cooktops
- Lids do not fit multiple pans
Are you shopping for a set of pans for an affordable price with the intent to fill up your child’s cupboards in their first apartment? This is the best for the novice chef on a budget.
Cuisinart has put together a 17-piece set using anodized aluminum and a PFOA-free nonstick interior ready to cook anything from burgers to soups and beyond.
You receive most of the benefits of pricier sets including stay-cool handles and oven-proof up to 500F.
Now for the reality check. These are not heavy-duty pans. They are quite thin which means they will dent and warp over time.
If the bottom cups due to high heat, they won’t work with any flat-topped stove. Some users reported that the glass lids shattered after only a few weeks.
That being said, they are one of the most popular sets on the market, so there’s a very good chance that they will perform beyond expectations for quite some time.
- Huge collection of pans including 3 saucepans, 2 stock pots, 2 frying pans, covered saute pan, covered frying pan, and stainless steamer insert
- Affordable price
- Excellent performance reported by users over an extended period
- Thin construction will be subject to dents and warping
- Glass lids can shatter
- Non-stick coating wears off
Don’t you love to watch celebrity chefs cook up your favorite dishes? Wouldn’t you like to use the same pots and pans they use on their show? You are in luck! Rachael Ray offers up her set at a very attractive price point.
You don’t get the same variety of pans as other sets, but they do arrive with designer color handles and matching utensils to dress up your kitchen which makes this the best set for mixing style and function.
But, how do they perform? These pans totally stand up to their PFOA-free non-stick advertising and can be used with your choice of utensils.
They feature heavy-duty bottoms that create even heating without hotspots and you can grab the colorful silicone handles without worrying about getting burned.
The collection includes two sizes of saucepans, 2 frying pans, a stock pot and saute pan, but no grill or griddle. Pop them in the dishwasher to clean up.
- Hard anodized cookware with designer colors and style
- Affordable pricing
- Dishwasher safe
- Smaller selection of pans for the same price
- No grill or griddle
- Bottoms can slide on your stovetop
Best 10-Piece Set
For the cook looking to dress up their kitchen, we offer up this Circulon set as one of the excellent anodized cookware sets with style.
It has all the same easy-to-clean nonstick features of the competitors, but with a few designer additions for a more modern appearance.
The pans are designed to be hung on a peg board, and for an added bonus, the lid’s handle can slide right over the handle so you will always keep the two pieces together.
This feature allowed for the extra tall appearance of the stay-cool handles with a sexy curve.
Now, how do they function? Users report that the oversized rivets that connect the handle to the pan collect food and are difficult to clean.
The metal trim that wraps around the silicone handle gets hot to the touch, requiring the use of potholders after all. The lids are not oven-safe, while the pans are rated only up to 350F.
Finally, the anodized cookware are subject to warping which allows water to leak through the rivets which makes cooking soups nearly impossible.
- Modern designer style
- Simple storage solution keeps lids and pots together
- Anodized aluminum provides even heating
- Trim on stay-cool handles gets hot
- Rivets around handles leak
- Lids are not oven safe
We hope you have enjoyed reading our performing anodized cookware reviews and buying guide and that it has helped you find the perfect set for your busy lifestyle and kitchen decor.
- Best Camping Cookware Sets
- Best Cookware Set Reviews
- Cookware Buying Guide
- Best Carbon Steel Fry Pan
- GreenLife Cookware Reviews
- Stainless Steel Vs Non-Stick Cookware: What Should I Get?
- Stainless Steel Vs. Ceramic Cookware: Which Is Best?
- Stainless Steel Cookware Buying Guide
- Best Copper Cookware
- Red Copper Pan Buying Guide
- Wolfgang Puck Cookware Reviews
- Best Saute Pan Reviews
- Top Pasta Pots Reviews